In nature, chicks sit under the hens’ feathers. However, many hobby breeders use incubators. As soon as those eggs have hatched, the chicks will need something different to keep them warm. Enter, the heating plate. An ideal solution, since the chicks will position themselves underneath the plate whenever they need the warmth. Just as in nature. In a sense, the heating plate is the perfect replacement for the hen. The chicks will quickly get used to the heating plate’s much colder immediate vicinity. In comparison to a more traditional heating bulb, this will make them harden much faster. A quicker hardening equals quicker feather growth and thus better cold protection. All of this ensures strong and healthy chicks and makes the Heating Plate the ideal substitute for the mother hen.
- Enhanced insulation (PU).
- LED indicator.
- Made in Holland
- Natural henlike warmth, the chicks go for warmth when they need it
- Perfect temperature guarantee for all chicks thanks to the height-adjustable legs
- Extremely low power consumption: the Heating Plate is up to 5 times more energy-efficient than a traditional heating bulb
- Double safety thanks to the to temperature and resistance fuses
- LED indicator light to show if the heating plate is switched on
- Longer lifespan due to strong and durable ABS-plastic
- Suitable for 20-25chicks
- A rheostat-controlled temperature regulator is also available sold separately. Its use is optional.
The chicks will use the heating plate for approximately 4 to 8 weeks, depending on the outside temperature as well as the species.