Treat your chickens to our all-natural Honest Goodness
🫐 100% all-natural ingredients
🫐 Deliciously healthy treat made with grey-striped sunflower seeds, cranberries, rosehips, groats, flaxseed, oregano, chilli, wheat, mealworms and (packed full of nutrition) pellets (containing A, D3, E, K, B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenate), B6 (pyridoxine), B7 (biotin), B12 (cobalamin), choline, Calcium, phosphorus, sodium, chloride, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, manganese, molybdenum, selenium and zinc.
🫐 Preservative and additive-free
🫐 Great for training, taming, or treating
🫐 Supplied in a resealable bag
– Cranberries are a good source of Vitamin C, K, and magnesium. They are also a good source of antioxidants which can help maintain a proper immune system.
– Rosehips have been used in traditional medicines for more than 2,000 years, due to the high amounts of bioactive compounds contained within the fruits, including over 4,500 known flavonoids, carotenoids, fatty acids (galactolipid, linoleic acid [Omega 6 PUFA], and omega 3 PUFA), vitamins (high in vitamin C, A, E, and B-complex) and minerals (calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, potassium, sulfur, silicon, zinc, selenium, and phosphorous.
– Flaxseed – Omega-3 fatty acids are essential to optimal chicken (and human) health, but one of the nutrients that the body can’t make from scratch. So that means that Omega-3 must be derived from the foods that we eat. Flax is one of the best sources of Omega 3.
– Chilli – According to old-timers, chilli pepper can be added to your chickens’ feed in the cold months to help warm up your chickens and boost egg production. Chilli also helps with circulation, which can prevent frostbite in the winter.
– Oregano – Fresh, dried or in the form of essential oil, is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics ever studied. It is thought to guard against coccidiosis, avian flu, blackhead, e.coli and infectious bronchitis.
Adding dried oregano to your baby chicks’ feed or feeding freshly chopped leaves to them free-choice helps protect them against many pathogens and get a good start in life, and adding oregano to your laying hens’ diet helps with continued strong immune systems.
– Sunflower Seeds – High levels of Vitamin “E”: known to be vital for the poultry immune system and a protector against diseases like coccidiosis, e.coli and bronchitis. Sunflower seeds have high levels of protein (around 26%). This makes this a great boost for chickens at times of stress such as moulting and cold weather. The high levels of linoleic acid increase weight and set chickens up for the winter months. It also adds to the nutritional value (and weight) of eggs. Sunflowers are rich in natural antioxidants(4) – another boost to the immune system.
Honest Goodness is suitable to mix in with everyday feed or use as a treat.
This should not replace your usual feed regime