Spice Blend contains a myriad of seeds, spices, grains, and herbs to support the immune system, respiratory, digestive, and reproductive health.
The immune system is the mechanism that fights off illness, disease, and infection. That is a huge job since micro-organisms are constantly all around our chickens. Many of these organisms are harmless, but some are pathogenic (disease-causing), and these are the ones their immune system fights. For a chicken to effectively fight these organisms, the immune system must be in great shape and have everything it needs to be effective.
Often, there just isn’t enough in your flock’s daily diet and your chickens need some extra help to get the immune boost they need to prevent and fight off common ailments such as internal parasites, respiratory problems, and even the flu.
Spice blend is packed full of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants designed to target and support a healthy immune system
Mix through one tablespoon of Spice Blend per cup of feed.
Particularly useful for ex-cage hens to give them a much-needed immune boost.
All ingredients are food-grade, all-natural, pesticide-free, non-toxic, no artificial scents – NO NASTIES!
- Sunflower Seeds: Sunflower Seeds are particularly high in Vitamin “E”: known to be vital for the poultry immune system and a protector against diseases like coccidiosis, e.coli, and bronchitis(1). Protein: high levels of protein (around 26%) make this a great boost for chickens at times of stress such as moulting and cold weather. Oil: the high levels of linoleic acid(2 and 3) increases weight and sets chickens up for the winter months, and adds to the nutritional value (and weight) of eggs. Antioxidants: sunflowers are rich in natural antioxidants(4) – another boost to the immune system.
- Ginger: Ginger does not just happen to be a great appetite stimulant, it is a highly beneficial antioxidant, a stress reducer, and a nutritional vegetable. Ginger is rich in several essential nutrients including iron, magnesium, calcium, and vitamin C in abundance. Iron is just as important for chickens as it is for any other bird, animal, or human.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon contains a compound that thins the blood, which means that it also helps circulatory systems, which improves blood flow to combs, wattles, and feet, also helping to prevent frostbite. Also, cinnamon is commonly used to help treat nasal congestion, coughing, infections, and the common cold.
- Fenugreek seeds possess many beneficial effects such as hypoglycemic, anti-helminthic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties. Nutritional-wise, fenugreek is a rich source of protein, fatty acids, and minerals such as phosphorus, iron, zinc, magnesium, and calcium. It also contains many flavonoids, polysaccharides, saponins, and alkaloids (trigonelline and choline).
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa has several vitamins and minerals, including vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, and minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, and iron.
- Echinacea: One of the most common herbs to the new herbalist, echinacea is another immune-boosting herb for your chickens — the root, leaves, and flower heads. Echinacea is great for the respiratory system and can help treat fungal overgrowth. It is also a natural antibiotic and is naturally antibacterial.
- Garlic: Garlic stimulates the digestive tract, regulates liver function, boosts the immune system, and fights and treats infections since it is a natural antibacterial. It’s also thought to help deworm chickens and other livestock. Garlic is best used as a preventative against bacterial digestive issues.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a root (related to ginger) that contains the ingredient curcumin. Curcumin is a huge immune system booster in chickens (good for overall chicken health and well-being). It also acts as an anti-inflammatory agent (which is helpful with problems such as bumblefoot or other inflamed injuries chickens might sustain). Turmeric aids in digestion, eye and brain function, and respiratory issues. It can be used as an antibacterial medication.
- Barley: Barley is rich in vitamins such as calcium, iron, and potassium. All of these vitamins contribute to improving your chicken’s immune and digestive system. The vitamins in barley can protect your hens from developing bladder stones. Sometimes, gallstones can get stuck in their bladder, and this is especially dangerous for those hens that are carrying eggs. The magnesium contained in barley can help protect your chickens from diabetes.
- Wheat: Some experts believe feeding whole wheat feeds to chickens improves their digestive tracts, increasing the birds’ ability to resist coccidiosis challenge.
Hand blended in QLD
Supplied in a resealable bag
Contains a nutritious blend of delicious, high-quality ingredients that chickens love.